Friday, January 20, 2012

Pimping The Pimp

When I began documenting my daily aggravations, my friend Candice was hugely supportive and eager to share her pet peeves and customer service situations. She is beyond inspirational. I've already - thoroughly - shared with you why customer service is pretty much the absolute last resort given any scenario. Here is an email Candice recently sent the customer service department of her mortgage company:

"I need someone to explain to me IMMEDIATELY why you have chosen to REVERSE my timely mortgage payment. I have called Nationstar THREE TIMES about this issue, and you will most certainly be hearing from me as soon as you open on Monday morning. I sent in my mortgage payment, which you RECEIVED on 1/6. For some reason, you reversed this payment on 1/12, making my account delinquent. I never asked for this payment to be reversed, and it appears to me that you have absolutely no idea what you are doing.

I was formerly a customer of BOA, and my loan was transferred to Nationstar. Two payments needed to go to Nationstar - the one for December, and the one for January. I did not, however, receive my initial bill from Nationstar in a timely manner - I had already sent my payment to BOA. When I called Nationstar about this, I was advised by someone named Ben that there was no guarantee that the payment I sent to BOA would be routed to Nationstar, and I should call my bank to stop payment on the check, which I did. I then called back several days later, spoke to someone named Irene, and made my payment, originally due Dec 1, over the phone. I foolishly assumed that the situation was resolved.

In the beginning of THIS month, I received a notice that my account was assessed a fee because you tried to cash a check for which there were insufficient funds. Lo and behold, the first person I spoke with did not do their job properly and you had no record of my very first conversation, requesting that there was a stop payment on that check.

I called and spoke to yet another person, who I can now only assume was also incompetent because my account is somehow still past due although you received my January payment. This person was supposed to have reversed the fee due to insufficient funds, and that is all.

Please fix this - it is absolutely ridiculous that you are so horrible at servicing loans, and I can only hope that I am able to refinance my mortgage through another company so I no longer have to deal with this level of incompetence.

Regards,
Candice C. "

Basically, Candice handed their asses to them and I teared up a bit out of sheer pride when reading this email. No one should have to take this kind of bullshit, especially when money is involved.

Note: Candice is an avid reader, a wordsmith, a realist, and an overall good friend to me. While both belonging to the same sorority in college, she and I bonded over how stupid we thought the general population was. Today, we enjoy discussing how stupid we *still* think the general population is. Her blog is called The Book Pimp and can be found at http://cmcasto.blogspot.com/ . You can also find her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/TheBookPimp/166836860089088   

2 comments:

  1. Two things:
    1) THANK YOU for pimping out my blog!
    2) I kept wanting to post a clever comment about this whole mortgage situation, but I am still pissed about it because THEY STILL HAVEN'T FIXED ANYTHING. Seriously. I will be on the phone with them AGAIN this evening. Assholes. I will keep you posted...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. News: Nationstar FINALLY seems to have my accont straightened out (so they said last night). They informed me that there are no longer any fees showing on my account, and if I look in a few days, it should appear that way in my online acocunt statement. If I check by the end of this week and it isn't correct, however, I am going to TOTALLY FLIP MY SHIT. Seriously.

      Delete